We will be announcing our HMC4 vendor list next monday, March 5th! Thank you to all who applied. We were completely blown away with the response to this show – We received TWICE as many applications as our April 2012 venue can hold, crazy! We are really looking forward to hosting the vendors that will be at HMC4 – Handmade City Spring 2012 and can’t wait to share their goodies with you in our vendors spotlight series leading up to the show. Even though details are still coing together we do have some fun things to share with you now:
1) Rozz-Tox our past venue (April 2011 & December 2011) will be hanging out with us come April 28! Handmade City keeps getting bigger and to accept more vendors into our future shows we had to find a larger venue. Luckily our new venue (Bucktown) is big enough for us to have space for a food vendor and our BFF Rozz-Tox will be selling coffees and cupcakes at HMC4! Show them some love and check ’em out. You can visit their website to see what events they have on the calendar. With good music, poetry, great food, excellent coffee and smiling service we are totally okay with our professed love – HMC ♥ s RT!
2) 33 Vendors – The magic number we are able to squeeeeze into the Bucktown Center for the Arts building. We are excited to have 11 more vendors then our last show! Out of the 33 vendors 23 are Handmade City virgins. We will announce said vendors next Monday March 5th. You can expect to shop artwork, pet items, stationery, screened posters, home décor items, jewelry – including many different styles, planters, flowers, wallets, leather items, Handmade City shirts & totes, music, clothing, baby items, gift bags…. the list is so long and freaking awesome! PLUS Bucktown has some amazing studio artists (including some past HMC vendors like Luminology and Klarkowski Pottery) that we will also be highlighting on the website as well.
3) Charity Donations & Raffles – This time around we asked HMC vendors if they would be willing to donate a handmade item towards a raffle that will raise money for a local charity. So many “yes” replies means we are going to have some awesome prizes to raffle off! We will be announcing our Charity in the coming weeks and we hope we our shoppers will step up and buy some raffle tickets to help raise a bit of cash for a good cause.
4) Handmade City Giveaways. We will be making limited edition HMC bags and t-shirts to sell at our upcoming show. We will be doing some fun contests leading up to the show and will be giving away a couple t-shirts & bags via our Facebook page and website. In addition to donating a shirt & bag towards the charity raffle we will also be giving some lucky shoppers the chance to take away some free goodies at the event. Stay tuned, we will post giveaway details soon!
5) FREE TO ATTEND! Just another friendly reminder that HMC4 is free to attend! You may be wondering “How can this event be free?” We love hosting events and we love our vendors. We know you will absolutely love them too. Help spread the word and invite all of your friends. You can tell them HMC4 is gonna be the place to be April 28th with kick-ass vendors, amazingly cool handmade goods, super sweet location, radical raffles, great giveaways and stunning studio artists. We can’t wait to see your happy face!